I will no longer struggle when hanging, screwing or assembling. Thanks to a lovely little trip to the garbage room this morning… I am now a proud owner of a 12 volt, cordless, Dewalt drill. After a little online research, I was shocked to find the exact same drill going for $150.00.
I know a lot of you are wondering what the catch is… I wondered the same thing. After a few hours of charging, the drill is working and ready for action. Bring it.
24 inches by 30 inches - Matte white- Kitchen
A couple of years ago I came up with the idea to create a custom clock using items from my childhood that reminded me of special people and times. I ran the idea by my dad and he was on board and excited to execute my plan. I gathered 12 items that I wanted to use in place of the numbers on the clock and planned out the placement. I decided to go with a white backboard and spray the items white to give it a modern and contemporary style. Once the clock was complete, I was shocked at the amount of interest and positive feedback. That is when ‘Good times’ was created. A father, daughter custom clock business- a great way to incorporate different interest and ideas into custom time pieces. We have been hard at work, creating a few different pieces with various themes. Check back for updates as the business unfolds.
April has started off on the right foot. I was lucky to find this Hemnes Ikea night stand in the garbage room in perfect condition. It happens to be exactly what I needed to complete my patio decor for the season. The online price for this exact table is $60… I like the sound of free much better.
- Fresh marjoram
- Mascarpone cheese
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Enokitake mushrooms
- Porcini mushrooms
- Button mushrooms
- Large naan flat bread ( available at most grocery stores in the bread section)
- Sea salt & chilli flakes (ground in pestle and mortar)
-Sautée mushrooms and spices in a pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Brush the naan bread with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining spices.
- Spread out sauteed mushrooms and top with dime size dollops of gorgonzola and mascarpone cheese.
- Top with a light layer of grated mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
( just to heat the crust and melt the cheese)
- For the last 5 minutes, switch the oven to broil and brown the top of the pizza.
- Chop fresh marjoram and sprinkle over the top of the pizza. Cut & serve.
8 ounces of 70% bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup cream cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 paper or foil muffin cup liners
1. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water.
2. Using a pastry brush or new paintbrush paint chocolate onto the inside of the muffin cups.
3. Place them in a muffin tin for easier handling.
4. Paint a thick layer and then refrigerate until it has set hard.
5. Puree the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
6. Spoon or pipe into the hardened chocolate cups and then pour a thick layer of the remaining melted chocolate over the top making sure the edges are sealed.
7. Put back in fridge until the tops have set.
8. Peel liners off before serving.
1 cup dry oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, peanut butters, water, canola oil and egg.
Lightly flour a flat, clean surface and roll the mixture out to about ¾ inch thickness. Cut mixture using a canine-themed cookie cutter and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on one side and then flip the treats over and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove to cooling racks and let cool thoroughly, about 2 hours. They will harden as they cool.
Source: adapted from Dog Paw Print
It was a lucky trip to the Garbage room in my condo building the other night. I was able to score this beautiful hand hammered metal cake stand from India. I was able to incorporate it into my living room as a coffee table centerpiece. I also found this black and white framed photograph that happens to match perfectly with the other back and white prints in my bedroom.